Key Technical DP Personnel (DP Vessel Maintainer Course) DP Scheme
The DPVM training scheme requires the trainee to complete the DP Vessel Maintainer Course.
The course is a five day course of 34 hours duration.
The course involved both theory and practical on a class B simulator and covers the following topics:
- General Overview of DP
- The power generation and management
- Propulsion units
- DP Control system and sensors
- Position reference systems
- Environmental reference systems
- DP operation and effects on DP system
- Safe DP operation CAM, ASOG, TAM and TAGOS
- Lesson learned
- Manning, Training, and competency assessment